“By your patience possess your souls” Luke 21:19
 
 Jesus, gathers His apostles on the Mt. Of Olives, and warns them of the time to come. What it will look like and what they will go through. False prophets,  and the great tribulation. He let's them know they have to perservere. That family friends and so much more will be lost for the name of Christ. Yet gained in the eternal kingdom. At the end of His teaching He says “ by your perserverance, you will be able to withstand many things; the temptations and viles of this world, but it's through the Holy spirit we are able to endure.
 One thing is for sure, we are weak, and not able. Phillipians 4:13 reminds us that “all things are possible with Christ Jesus who strengthens us.” While Philippians 1:21 tells us “For me, to live is Christ, to die is gain.”
We are constantly reminded throughout scripture the reason for perservering, and taking up the cross. Look at Peter and Paul. None of the apostles would go on unscaved except for John on the island of Patmos. We must sacrifice. Give up our rights, if it's the will of the father we want to see.
 Perseverance is steadfastness in doing something despite difficultly or delay in achieving success. Ephesians 6:18 says “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints” Perserverance and prayer are a necessity to staying watchful for the things to come. They are how we stay spiritually discerned.
  Jesus just wanted us to be aware. Heed this warming my children. Many people aren't who they say they are, and it will get rough, but please come to me. It's funny to think that at this time, they still looked for a “savior” and wouldn't believe in Him till the resurrection. I know Jesus is who He says He is. The resurrection and the life. The only way. The great I am.
  Of course doubt has filled my mind. But I don't want to be like they, who say they believe, but until something miraculous happens then they truly believe. I want to be the one standing by the fig tree. Because Jesus knows my name, I believe.
  The fight won't get any easier from here, the moment I accepted Christ into my life, I became a target; but because the name of Jesus gives strength I can, and will endure. Today, I will write this verse and Philippians 4:13 out and find true strength, and power in it, by asking Jesus to reveal it to me.
  

Comments

Most Popular