Isaiah 43:1

But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob,, And He formed you O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.”

The promises of the Lord are what restores us. So many promises are made in this passage.The Lord created me, He formed me, He is my security, He redeemed me, He has called me by name, I am His child! How amazing is that. But how often do I forget it? In the midst of the chaos, in the midst of my insecurities, in the midst of my doubt and fear.
Israel at this point had been walking in disobedience for quite some time now. Hearing the word of the Lord but refusing to walk in it. Worshiping idols, and refusing to acknowledge God as creator, sustainer and provider. They were blind and deaf, but not mute because the Lord would want to hear there plea for forgiveness, which they would not make. We are Israel.
Idolizing the things I hold so closely to my heart. Thinking I know what is best for my future. Blind and deaf, because I am looking to my insecurities to give me vision. I think they define who I am but rather they strip at who I am, and they empty me of my worth. Rather then looking to my God I become paralyzed. Doubt and fear strike. It all seems familiar but I tell myself I got it all under control, but really I dont. It tries to keep me mute but God. His mercy.
“But now, thus says the Lord..Fear not..You are Mine.” Whenever there is a cloud, (and there usually always is) I have to go to the Lord with it. When the Lord says ‘Fear not’ its because 1) Im struggling with fear, or 2)About to encounter a situation which will provoke fear. He knows me better then I know myself. Shouldnt I trust Him when He says “fear not, You are Mine?” Fear not you wil make it to tomorrow. Fear not

Ive learned that I dont neccesarily need to be in a dark spot to hear of that restoration. I need to hear of My Gods promises consistently like I hadnt heard it the day before. Alan Redpath said it best when he stated, “ A throne is Gods purpose for you; A cross is Gods path for you: faith is Gods plan for you.” I should have a desire to want to know of these promises daily. There is a destination, a path and a way. It all requires faith.

Comments

Most Popular