Hebrews 13:17

“Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls as they must give account,  that they may do it with joy, and not with grief; for that is unprofitable for you.” Hebrews 13:17

This unknown author of Hebrews reminds us what we ought to be doing as stewards of the kingdom. Obeying our leaders who were placed there by God and are responsible for us. They will one day give a report on our behalf to God. If im not growing they have every reason to question what i am doing outside the church. Romans 14:12 reminds us “So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brothers way.” All believers are accountable to their master.
I felt convicted by these verses. As Roman 13:1 tells us “let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.” It simply wasn’t something that my soul was accepting. Why? Deep down I prefer my own way and I don't really have respect for those above me. I want to be the leader, while playing victim. Thing is, I can learn how to follow, and be a leader, but if it's not God's will, then it won't happen. So I can tell pride and my selfish ambitions to go. Because as long as they're in the way, I wont be able to submit to men, and ultimately to the will of the Father.
The past month has been hard, only because i was to putting myself first. I thought i was doing things the right way, and its so funny looking back and realizing “NO Thalia that's Not how its done!” I must obey. I must submit. It's a huge blessing to see the will of the father done through others and how it can be done through me as well, when i stop chasing after my flesh.

APPLICATION:

Submit,l and learn to put others first

Comments

Most Popular