James 1:5

“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”
James 1:5

   In this “how to” book, James tells us what happens when we approach the throne room boldly through trials. Though they determine where my heart is with Christ, there is something to be gained if I ask, wisdom. When I ask for wisdom through a trial, so much Is revealed to me. I enjoy vitality and happiness, I begin to experience God's secure protection, refreshing rest, gain confidence, know security, and gain understanding.
   I am reminded of 1 Peter 1:7 ”That trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.”
We are refined through trials, if we choose to accept and believe that the refining process begins and ends with tribulations. Our God is not a God of chaos. When perservering through trials all I must do is ask of the father. “ Father, I know not what you do, or what you speak, but I lack wisdom, and I'm asking that you supply. You are wisdom, and I need you.”
  It's very much easier said then done. Look at everyone in the Bible, from Jonah who was kicking and screaming when the Lord had called him; to Abraham who said okay, Lord I trust you. In order to ask for wisdom, you need faith. Faith in a God who is willing to supply it. Faith that you will receive it.
  I know there were times where I lacked wisdom and craved it. I needed a deeper insight. That only comes from one place.Today and everyday I will read a verse pertaining to wisdom, write it out and hang it on my mirror, and ask the Lord to help me apply it. 

Comments

Most Popular