Psalm 42

“My soul thirsts for God the living God.”

A Psalm written by a son of korah expresses what our need as children of God should be.A thirst for God the one one and only living God. As the psalm continues we see that he was in a special place in his walk with God. Many of us find ourselves there  “why are you cast down o my soul? And why are are you disquieted within me.” The moment I begin to feel discouraged i must go to God. Run. And although, the lord allows trials and tribulations, he wants me to turn to him. This son of Korah was obsessed with God. And had placed him there, to the point that when things were against him, God was His only resolution.
I’ve expressed to my team that this month (July) has by far been my favorite month. Mission teams, tears, sweat, pain, and joy. I’ve never experienced anything like it. But in the midst of it all something beyond my recognition happened. It is said earlier in psalms “that those who wait on the lord shall inherit the earth.” (I know i want that) We see  that abraham , moses, and king david. I found myself in a place of spiritual dryness. No longer sensing him. Although ministry was taking place all around me, I couldn't see the fruit being produced in me.
Without even realizing it, I allowed something to take His spot in my heart mind and soul. I had laughed when I had first read this verse because I knew my soul wasn't as thirsty as it was the last week. The truth hit, and it was a bit painful. No longer thirsting, but why?
Allowing something to take his spot in my heart,mind and soul, is hard. It doesn't just happen in a day. We can look at Judas and see how he at first loved God, than

He let the love of money rule and take that spot in his heart. This was a conviction in my heart. It revealed what truly was in my heart and where the Lord was in the midst of everything going on. To fears, failures, the future and everything else that i thought i had hidden so well. Asking God to IGNITE every single word i read. And to bring to life everything I witness. It’s not my will but His will that needs to be done. And I indeed want to be thirsting for the Lord all the days of my life. No matter the circumstance. No matter the pain or the fear. Despite what the future holds, thirsting for the Lord in all and with all. Living water that will break fear, bondage and captivity.Thirsting for words of affirmation and declaration. Words that will heal and deliver. Overall, thirsting for my king, and a new Obsession.

Comments

Most Popular