Psalm 17:15

“As for me I will see your face in Righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in your likeness.” Psalm 17:15
  David makes this prayer with confidence regarding salvation, and the final destination.
Knowing that the israelites had struggled with idolatry, and not really believing in God for all that He said He was, and all that He can do, David had full faith in this. He is the Great I Am. That all that was seen on earth was temporary, its vanity. But good news there is an eternal kingdom that awaits.
“But as for me..” says david, i know that others are in sin, i see that your making yourself known to them but they let the yoke strangle them..but me,o god,  i will continue to walk in obedience, fear of the lord, and be astonished by your works. I will one day see you without the veil.
 Do I truly understand the words of David? Satisfied in your likeness. Not mine, not my brothers, and not my teachers. I am not here because of a dream my mother had for me, the psalmist would go onto say  “ As the deer pants for the water brooks so pants my soul for you O’God. my soul thirsts for the living God”  that quiet desperation. I am here because i wanted change, there was a quiet desperation. and I know there is a final destination.

 There is contentness in knowing that this world is not my home. But up in the heavenlies with my Creator.Looking forward to that day with an earnest expectation. I will no longer be a slave to an image other people have created for me.

Comments

Most Popular