John 16:13

“When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth.”

Praying about certain people and topics can be hard. Especially when we let certain feelings and emotions get in the way of what the Lord is trying to tell us. This past weekend, I had the chance to let feelings dictate my decisions or,let the spirit of truth convict me and act on that conviction. It wasn't the easiest thing. Those feelings felt “right.” I wanted to cling to those feelings. But doing that means I don't trust and believe in the Lord and all that He has planned for me. I don't see Him as sovereign, I see  myself above Him. What Lord was telling me to do was the complete opposite.

  I wasn't the only one who felt this way. Many others who came before me, thought they had to justify what they were feeling. They thought the feelings they were feeling we're right, and without realizing it,was they were placing themselves above God. I think of Joseph (Jesus’ dad) who must've felt so out of place when Mary came to him. And he must've thought that what he and others felt, were right. But, the spirit of truth, came, closed that case and presented him with a new one. When we are faced with certain situations and we try to justify it from a secular perspective, it will always be wrong. We must let the spirit of truth come, and guide us into a new path.

Comments

Most Popular