Exodus 29:26

“Then you shall take the breast of the ram of Aaron's consecration and wave it as a wave offering before the Lord; and it shall be your portion.”


Reading through the whole book of Exodus for the first time this month,and I can see how the Lord just called His people out and welcomed them in. And in taking them in, He ordered them, and He desired all of them. In doing so, He asked for all of them.The birth of a nation, from infants to mature adults. Consecration and sanctification making way for salvation. In a way this required so much “doing” but it also revealed Gods beauty and glory. It showed us a glimpse of heaven. Our God is a God of order. He showed us His ultimate plan: making a way for The Messiah.
There’s not much that the Lord requires of us, but to take what we have and to offer it to him. All of it. Not 50 % or 75%...the Lord wants 100. The Lord didn’t want half the breast of the ram, He wanted the whole breast of the ram. And he wanted it to be consecrated. It was to be set apart specifically for sanctification. Our lives should display this. Allowing the Lord to speak to us, “Take this. Let go of..” Specifically displaying consecration , and the laying down of our lives. Making way for sanctification.
This had shown to be true to me earlier this month when doubt and fear began to fill my mind about what comes after this. Where do I work? Where do I live? What about my Future?. Curious as to what the Lord had for me, I began to worry. He calmed my heart and spoke this very word to me. “I am your portion.” The lords wants all of me. From what I hold so closely to my heart, to the things i view as very small and not needing attention.
The Lord is our portion. Psalm 119:57 says “ You are my portion, LORD; I have promised to obey your words.” Surrendering all and letting go of what the Lord has told us to rid of is obedience. I don't have to clinge, I don't have to fear, the Lord is my portion. When I feel like I don't have enough and i am struggling to hear or find and remain the Lord is my portion. “But to Hannah he gave a double portion because he loved her, and the Lord had closed her womb,” 1 Samuel 1:5.
The same way the breast of the ram was their portion, Jesus is ours. I don't have to wave my physical problems in the air and complain. I know my God as Jehovah Nissi. He is who I praise and exalt. My portion. Who I run to when i'm hungry, thirsty and not satisfied. My portion, when i'm down and out tired of the world, and not remembering. My portion. When i’m letting my feelings dictate my decisions rather than letting God lead. My Portion When enough is enough. “Once when they had finished eating and drinking in Shiloh, Hannah stood up,” 1 Samuel 1:9

Comments

Most Popular