And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his new, disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimæus, the son of Timæus, sat by the highway side begging. [47] And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. [48] And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. [49] And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee. [50] And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. [51] And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. [52] And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
  “And they came to Jericho.” There comes a time in our lives where Jesus himself intervenes in everything we do. Every aspect.   Jesus may knock, or He may just simply come in. There is a being still season. There also is a season full of abundance, and growth. What did Jesus see in this beggar? They came to Jericho because He knew there was a need that had to be met. A desire that was longing to be satisfied, something that would magnify the father.
   The beggar begins to cry out for mercy than starts to receive criticism! How foolish of people. Just when we begin to do the will of the father, criticism starts to whisper in our ear. Whether that is from our own fears, or from those watching on the outside. I've come to realize that when it is the will of the father, I AM going to receive criticism. In fact, if I dont receive any hardship, then is it His will at all? Am I going to push through the criticism? Am I going to become a laughing stock for a while, to be made whole for eternity.
    Jesus sees the willingness of this man. His desperation! How I long to have Jesus touch me. I just want an ounce. Take my garment, take my possessions. I am reminded of the women with the issue of blood. Her faith, didn't get her medicine by doctors. But she reached, she felt, and instantly. Gone. Healed. Faith. It takes you, where people thought of going, but because people feared “criticism” they didn't go. I want what others mocked. What they nailed to a cross, I was there. Hearing the criticism, not taking the steps.
  It's easier said then done. We've heard sayings like, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. There's a light at the end of every tunnel. Have you been there? Lying on the street begging? Have you been there? Hearing the call of the father but you stutter. You'd rather sacrifice what he has called you toward and live a “happy, comfortable” life.
  The desperation that beggar had. The knowing, that the Messiah, would do and it would be done, despite what people said. Today, I have chosen to meditate on times that people have mocked and criticized me. And have chosen to forgive them.
    

Comments

Most Popular