1 Corinthians 12:14-15

“For in fact the body is not one member but many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” Is it therefore not of the body?”


Paul addressing the Church of Corinth lets them know there ought to be unity and diversity in gifts. The Corinthians had gotten so concerned with eachothers gifts, and making one gift greater than the other, that it started to cause confusion and division amongst the church. The Lord had given gifts strictly to show who He is through us, and to build His church. Romans 12:4  tells us, “ For we have many members in one body, but all members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.” From the beginning, God had a plan to build up His church. He describes the different gifts, how they’re uniquely made, and for what purpose.
As humans we look through and past so much. Like the person I’m looking at in the pue in front of me doesn’t have a soul. I then choose to enter the lab but take their sample out of the picture, because I stop making an effort as to who they are and who God has called them to be. I put my life under a microscope and strictly choose to have my blood evaluated. They tell me I am an encourager, and I am shocked. My response is “What about all the other gifts?” They tell me there are other people who are willing to give their blood for this cause.
Being apart of the church requires unity. It requires being selfless, and willingness to adapt and sacrifice. That time at the lab required me to see beyond the microscope and even beyond the results. For sure, God wants me to know my own GIfts to build myself up and to play my role in ministry. But that doesn’t mean I stop caring for others. We are reminded in “On Being a Servant” how “Ministry takes place when divine resources meet human needs through loving channels for the Glory of God” This is when I use my gifts, to glorify the father solely.


APPLICATION:

Today, I will look for the beauty in others even when it is not presentable on the surface.

Comments

Most Popular