Romans 15:1

“We then who are strong, ought to bear with the sculpes of the weak, and not to please ourselves.”

   So many things and situations pop up into my head when I read this verse. It's amazing what living in the flesh and the spirit does to your walk and perspective. From a physical perspective I think of Simon from cyrene in Matt. 27:32,Who carried the Lord's cross prior to Him being executed. It's not like Jesus couldn't call His army of angels down to help Him. But something was to be proven. In this moment yes, Jesus was weak and beaten, not defeated. Simon would be there to assist Jesus in His temporary weakness, while Jesus would give Him eternal life. Simon did what he did not to glorify himself but to glorify the Father. This is why we hear of him in all the gospels, but nowhere else.
 Galatians 6:2 tells us to “bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.” It's a commandment that we love our neighbors. In truth when we see them carrying a burden or yoke they ought not to be carrying, it's my job as a sister in Christ to comfort, counsel, and encourage. And let the Spirit do the rest.
I remember when i first found out about my field assignment, i wasn't very happy. I threw myself a BIG ol pity party because i wasn't going where i wanted to go. There were other people who were hurting and i wasn't able to see that because i was too blinded by my selfishness. “We then who are strong..” I wasn't being strong, but in this moment it's something I had to learn to see that it was there.

APPLICATION:

Learn how to love Christ. Submitting and surrendering, by devoting my every days tasks to others rather then myself.

Comments

Most Popular