Micah 7:7

“Therefore I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.”

This is a verse that is so near and dear to my heart, because it was shown to me by a friend that I love so much. And in a time when i needed it most, He reminded me of it. Micah talks about 3 things that show us where we are in our walks with Christ. Look. Wait.Hear. It allowed me to examine my heart and see how honest and vulnerable I am being with Him.
Look. Seeking the Lord in a time of trial and tribulation may not always be the easiest thing. But seeking temporal things, for some reason, we find enjoyment and fulfillment. They take our minds off the problem and onto the next. The Lord has spoken clearly to us, that when a time of affliction or error comes He will be with us. What will I seek in the midst of chaos? Seeking the Lord in the Midst of our trials shows that we know the Lord as our security and comforter and He is the one that will provide peace and will make a way where there was no way.
Wait. Just because the Lord has not said yes, doesn't mean He has said no. It may be that He is saying wait. “Be still and know that I am God.” The problem with many of us is that we don't want to see the yellow light, we only choose to see the red or green. In the midst of God saying wait, so much is being worked out. From pride,selfishness and blindness to arrogance and anger. All being removed for His love, joy and compassion. His vision. His heart. If I choose to stamp it as no, then I won't be able to see the Lords refining process, and experience His joy in that moment.
Hear. James 1:19 tells us “ So then my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.” It's so hard! That when a situation occurs that isn't true, or involves gossip, you want to act in anger, or unjustly. Compromise our beliefs for the good of being heard or right. But, that's not what God calls us to do. We must listen to what He wants us to do. Act in love and be patient for the outcome.

Micah, to me has always been a book of purpose and guidance. When hurt and affliction are upon me, I can seek the Lord with a rested assurance that He has heard me. It wasn't long before Micah stated in chapter 6 verse 8 “ He has shown you O mortal what is good: And what does the Lord require of you, But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?” Being obedient is what the Lord requires of us. And if i know this then i can Look. Wait. Hear.

Comments

Most Popular