Genesis 22:16-17


By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, Because you have done this thing, and not withheld your son, your only son- blessing i will bless you, and multiplying i will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.”

One of the greatest things about being a child of God is knowing that God works in mysterious ways. So when a trial comes, you know its to shape you up and gear you up. The trial is not based on what you think, it's what the Lord allows, and desires.  Have you ever received a blessing from God, you're so abundantly joyful, and grateful, you just can't contain it? (of course you have) You then continue in this joy, and gratitude and the Lord whispers a request, “ I need you to..” whatever the request is. You laugh at the request and respond to Him,  “But God you just gave me this job. But God, I just got a raise. But God, I just started dating Him. But God I just started attending this church. But God I… The problem indeed is “I.” God's solution, “ I want you, and all of you.
My dear friend,  Abraham, had just been blessed with a son! And the Lord wanted Abraham and all of Him. “..take your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering..”  His response was not, “But God I,” His response was that of action. This of course is easier said than done. What we cling most to, the Lord desires.  However, the Lord does not ask us to sacrifice something, without giving us a blessing in return. Abraham was reminded at least 2 other times about the blessings he would receive. He did not know that it would come with this sacrifice.
In this season, while being in Guatemala, it has been the climb up Mt.Moriah. I have clung to a thing that the Lord has told me to sacrifice. It was my Isaac. The Lord calls us to live a life of sacrifice. We all must take the climb up Mt.Moriah and give the Lord our Isaac. It is not about us nor about what we desire. We must know that there is a blessing that follows. What we hold so near and dear to our hearts will eventually be asked to let go of.

Comments

Most Popular