Psalm 5

“Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation,
Give heed to the voice of my cry “
   When we call upon the name of the Lord, there is power. Their is no other name that our soul desires. And no other name that satisfies that satisfies that desire.  For the Lord to 'Give Ear’ to our words means a bending over is taking place on His behalf. He is always listening!!!
   We are His children, His beloved, the set apart. In times of distress we can lose sight of that. Who God is and who God has called is to be. But God, being sovereign in His nature, is considering our meditation. It goes far beyond my words and actions. It is my heart. What is my heart speaking to God in times of trouble. Whatever it is, God sees it and hears it. Better than that, He has overcome it.
  When we get to that point of distress, that point of breaking, no longer wanting to be intimate or vulnerable with those around us God's Arms are the perfect place to run. Although we should never let circumstances affect our personal relationships, sometimes we do let it get the best of us. But we have a God who considers, in greek thats noeo, to perceive with the mind. He has seen all things, and knows all things. There's nothing that I can do, that will be too hard for the Lord to perceive.
 God sees our situation prior to it happening, He is the alpha and Omega. He has heard every word we have spoken and will continue to. The Lord knows my thoughts and wants to continue to astonish me. I must let Him have it all. The Lord holds every tear I have ever cried in a jar. He does not and will not forsake me.
   When I come to a place of distress, like David was, my cry should be towards the Lord. Hands lifted, heart bowed. That's all that matters. I know in my heart that the Lord hears me. There have been times where I have doubted that, and in that moment, the glimpse of the cross is all I need.

Comments

Most Popular